Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peanuts Anyone?

-So I don't have much of a clever prelude to this blog, because I'm so flipping excited! As of today I am officially as a flight attendant. On Monday I had my second interview with the company. This was done in a group format, where there were eight of us in a room with three recruiters interviewing us. We each had to read an announcement in front of the group and answer several questions. As I was driving home I got a call from one of the recruiters who congratulated me and invited me back for an interview today. Although I was dreading doing the drive again, (3 and 1/2 hours each way) I was way excited to be asked back. So today I started off my morning at 5:00 A.M. This time the interview was held at the corporate headquarters. Side note, I had to double check the signage once I arrived because it looked like I had pulled into a BMW dealership, rather than a parking lot! I was expecting this interview to be very in depth, but it was way relaxed. I met with the director of in flight services, who was young and very bubbly, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. At the end of our time together, she said, "Well Kelsey, I can tell your passionate about this field and I think you'll make a great addition to our team. Congratulations." I, of course was freaking out, but was able to stay composed long enough to thank her. I then had to fill out my I9 and other paperwork, which felt way adult like. January 4th I start my flight training in Ft. Lauderdale, which I've heard from lots of people is very intense. This works out crazy amazing because my Disney internship ends January 3rd! Couldn't have planned it better if I tried. The company will be paying for my hotel for the first month, and then I will need to find a place in Ft. Lauderdale. I am elated!

-So that's my big big news. Since I wrote last, I went to Universal Studios with my guy friends. It was very cool! I loved all of the coasters. The Harry Potter World was neat too, but since I've never seen any of the movies or read any of the books, I wasn't super stoked about it. None the less, it was an awesome day!

-The Zanolla family, who I used to babysit for, was at Disney World last week and it was so fun to hang out with them! I offered to take the boys for an evening so that David and Leah could have a little time to themselves, and I have no idea why, but they eagerly accepted my offer ;) These kids are hands down some of the cutest kids I've ever met. Jacob, who is five (as of today actually), NEVER meets a stranger. The place we ate dinner at was packed with people and there were literally no open tables for us to eat on. I saw an older looking couple sitting down at a table that had two open seats. I approached them and asked if the boys and I could sit down, promising not to disturb them. They agreed, and as soon as we sat down Jacob started in with, "This is Kelsey. She used to be our babysitter and now she's just our friend." The couple obviously thought he was cute and chatted back and forth with him for awhile. Then without them asking any questions he says, with peanut butter and jelly on the side of his face, "My mom and dad are out to dinner for their anniversary. They were married the day before I was born!" The southern bell's mouth opened and all she could get out was, "Oh my!" I had a good laugh, before I reminded him that they were married FOUR YEARS and one day before he was born. Ahhh there's never a dull moment with the Zanolla boys!

-I really miss my piano.
-It doesn't feel very Christmas ish without snow.
-I love that I'm still so close with all of my friends from different stages of my life. Whether it's a random text, Drea leaving a voicemail of her singing Back That Ass Up, Evan leaving comments to let me know she reads my blog, Allison sending me cards and letters, Eric skyping with me, Landre keeping in touch after all these years, Heather dedicating her status to me, Kristen answering her phone at all hours of the night just so I can vent, and all the other things that those of you I love so much do....it all just makes me soooo thankful for having friends that make me feel so loved!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations again!!! We're very proud and excited for you...and looking forward to a visit home sometime after training!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete