This past week's adventure led me to the great state of Texas, Dallas to be exact. Thanks to my best good friend Drea, I was able to meet up with her cousin Tyler, who lives in the area, and he graciously served as my Dallas tour guide for the two days I was in town. While in Texas I saw the JFK memorial, viewed the area where JFK was assassinated, ate some good ol fashioned pork barbecue (a delicacy after living in a Muslim country), did a little shopping at Wally World (oh how I miss that place), and had a great run outside in shorts and a tank top without feeling condemned (again, it's the little things I miss)!
 |
Dinner At Sonny's BBQ
|
My trip to Texas was quickly followed by two same day return flights, and now I've been blessed with a full week off, insert choir of angels singing here. Thus far the highlight of my week was finally going to the top of the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building. I'm becoming quite the discount finder, and last night was no exception. Wednesday night is ladies night at Atmosphere, the club housed on the 123rd floor of the building, so my friend Sara and I were not only given free admission, but also two free drinks! It's always fun to find free ways to enjoy activities that are normally expensive! It was a slightly cloudy day, so the view wasn't quite as great as I was expecting, but none the less it was still an awesome sight.
 |
View From Nearly 2,717 Feet Above The Ground
|
 |
Sara and I Pretending We're Members Of The Rich And Famous Club
|
And now a riddle for you.... Who has a scar on her right thumb, is currently still in bed at noon, will be home in ONE month and ONE week from today, and is really, really excited about it????
Give up?
 |
| THIS GIRL!!!!! |
I miss your face!! I better be way up on your list for HOME time!! Love reading your blog, always makes me smile and even laugh out loud like now! Love you much!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see you! Your blog will be an excellent time capsule. Not like the one I made in 6th grade with really stupid stuff in it. What a let down.
ReplyDelete