Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Days Are Long But The Years Are Short

Yesterday marked my one month anniversary of working for Disney. One month really flew by quickly! It really made me realize that if a month went by that quickly, the entire seven months that I have down here will probably go by that quickly as well. So in order to make the most of my time down here, my roommate Amy and I made our Disney Internship Bucket List. We came up with a list of about ten things we really want to do during the next six months. Some of them, like going to Mid Evil Times, Circus de Soleli, parasailing, will be really easy to achieve and are just kind of there for fun. However, the two items on the bucket list that I am most excited about are to go sky diving and to run the Walt Disney World Half Marathon which is in January! I’m totally stoked about the last two!

In other news, I’ve had a really great week. I’m feeling more confident about knowing how to do my job, except for the day I forgot to give two different sets of guests their tickets….oops. Being done with training has been so nice. I’m starting to feel like I actually have a social life again. I’ve met a lot of really cool people who I work with and have started hanging out with them.

And now for my random ramblings….

- On the 4th of July I offered to be the DD for my friends, but then forgot and drank too much to be driving. So, a friend offered to drive my car. When we got back to my apartment, he forgot to turn off my lights. The next morning I go outside to start my car to leave for work. The car doesn’t start. I go into panic mode. Thankfully the bus hadn’t left yet, so I made it to work on time. Since my dad was unfortunately unable to drive down to Florida to fix this problem for me, I had to take matters into my own hands. Amy and I went to the security office that night to see if they could jump my car for me. The security man basically handed me a battery charger and said, “Here ya go. Black to black. Red to red.” Now I’m all about feminism, woman power, independence BUT I seriously struggle to open the freaking hood, let alone figure out how to hook up battery cables. So Amy and walk back to my car, pop the hood, stare at each other, and proceed to hook the black cable…. to the black engine (or something like that). About this time our man hero comes along and of course knows exactly what to do. I thanked the kind man and told him I would bake him cookies in exchange for his help. This is truly everything I stand against. I yi yi

-For the whole month of July I’ve decided to not have any sweets at all. I’m one week in, and so far so good. But I have been craving chocolot chips like it’s my day job.

-My Uncle Jeff sent me Cds with all of his music from his computer. I’m way excited about all of my new music. There is tons of James Taylor and Simon and Garfunkle music, which I am a BIG fan of. And yes, I am aware that I am slowly turning into my mother…

-My computer has a virus. :(

-I seriously thought LaBron James was a football player. Not even kidding.

2 comments: