Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Firsts

So since I've written last LOTS of exciting things have happened in my life. Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but none the less, here's an overview of my week.

Last Thursday I worked my first night parade shift. The afternoons are generally slow in the Vacation Planner Department, so during the afternoons some of us are sent over to Magic Kingdom to help with parade audience control (PAC) during the 3:00 Parade. Since we are trained to work the parades we can also pick up extra hours, aka extra money, working the night parades. Working the evening parades for extra cash seemed like a good idea to me so, I signed up for my very first night parade shift. Here's the catch, no one told me that the guests turn into PHYSCOS after the sun goes down! I literally have never felt so hated by so many people as I did last Thursday night. Basically my job was to direct people to not stand in the very narrow walk way we have set up for guests during the parade. As I would yell very loudly, "Folks this is a walking zone only please keep moving," guests would proceed to set up camp in my walking zone, and then act completely offended when I would ask them directly to keep moving. "What do you mean my entire family can't sit down in the middle of the only walkway leading to the exit in Magic Kingdom?!" IDIOTS!

On Sunday I volunteered for the first time with Give Kids The World. This experience far exceeded any expectations I had! Give Kids The World Village is basically like a resort. Each family is given a house within the village for an entire week. There is a handicap playground, pool, water area, theater, a restaurant, and ice cream shop for the families who are staying at GKTW to use for free! The families also get to visit area attractions, such as Walt Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios for free! On Sunday nights the staff and volunteers at GKTW create a life size Candy Land game for the kids to play. I helped with the concessions and made snow cones, cotton candy, and scooped pop corn for two hours. In order to qualify, a child must have a life threatening illness, so obviously a lot of the kids there looked very sickly. However, it really wasn't sad. The kids were just so excited to be on vacation and to be doing something other then sitting at a doctors office or hospital. Check the website out if you get a chance! www.gktw.org

On Monday night I ate Sushi for the first time, and it's safe to say I'm a fan! In Epcot there are 11 countries. A group of friends and I have decided that for the next 11 weeks we are going to eat at every country. Monday, we crossed Japan off the list, not too sure where next week will bring us.

Random Ramblings...

I got flipped off during afternoon parade this week.

Friendly's ice cream brownie Sundaes are amazing!

Which brings me to my next point, I broke my no sweets in July rule.

MISS YOU ALL!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are a young girl with lots of fun things happening to you please write them down on your blog because I love to read them!!

    ReplyDelete