1) This past week I won free tickets from work to Cirque Du Soleil. It was SOOOO awesome! My roommate Amy and I went and sat front row. The coolest part of the entire show were these four AMAZINGLY talented, 5 year old looking Chinese girls who played with a large spool on a string. Now, I know that doesn't sound that impressive, but these girls were so well trained that they really did seem more like cute robots, than little children. If you ever get the opportunity to see it, do!
2) My training for the half marathon officially starts August 24, but by that time I have to be able to run 40 minutes. Therefore, I should actually be running now to prepare for that. Let's just say I'm very thankful I live on the 2nd floor, as that seems to be the only regular exercise I've been getting lately.
3) I got my hair cut today. It hadn't been cut since February, so it needed to be done. Getting my hair cut is one of my least favorite things ever. I always have minor panic attacks at the salon, because no matter where I get my hair cut, the trims I ask for always seem to end up with enough hair laying on the floor to make at least three Locks Of Love wigs! However, the lady who cut my hair today actually did a great job. It's layered, a few more bangs, and over all not too shabby!
4) My friend Kane (there's your shout out my friend) and I rented Kayaks today and paddled down this man made river by the Port Orleans Resort. It was really fun, and a good little arm workout!
5) This week I made resort reservations and bought all the tickets for my brother Chad's family vacation to Orlando next month. I am soooo excited that they are coming to visit me. I may possibly be more excited about their vacation than they are...
6) Last night I hosted a dinner party for a few of my roommates and friends. My mother would have been so proud of me, we had a properly set table, homemade chicken and noodles, and even said a blessing before we ate. As much as my parents' insistence on proper table manners used to iritate me, I am thankful for them as an adult. The one and only time I was ever spanked, resulted from me not obeying their dinner table rules. I was two years old and just learning to talk. I was done with dinner and hopped out of my booster seat to go play in the living room. My dad said, "Kelsey Ellen get back in here. You didn't ask to be excused." I ignored him. He yelled again, "Kelsey Ellen, back in your chair please." My mom coming to her little baby's defense said, "Kenny, leave her alone she's too little to ask to be excused." I yelled back, "I do know how to say may I be excused, I just don't wanna say it!" I was spanked. I'm just thankful my stubbornness and attitude issues are strictly a part of my past...
7) This week my friends and I continued our quest to eat around the world at Epcot. We chose to visit the American restaurant this week since one of the girls who is a part of our dinner group couldn't make it this week, and we didn't want her to miss out on a fun country. Needless to say the restaurant wasn't that impressive. It was basically like an expensive McDonalds. If you're looking for dinning in Epcot, skip America and head to Japan!
8) Two of my coworkers were in a benefit concert for Make A Wish Foundation this week, and several friends and I went to go see the show. The concert had a huge choir and orchestra that was made up of all cast members who were donating their time. It was a really cool show, and fun to know that all the money was going towards a great charity. Unfortunately, the only bad part about the show was that it lasted three hours! Now I love a good orchestra and choir as much as the next girl, but sometimes enough is enough. After two and half hours, I excused myself to go to the restroom, and never came back....
9) Sometimes in life I have moments where all the sudden I feel very grown up. Last night was one of them. I went out to a bar in downtown Orlando with a group of friends, and we ended up hanging out on the rooftop area of the bar. I just felt very adult like up there. I felt like I belonged in Sex and The City or something. I'm not even sure that Carrie Bradshaw ever even hung out on rooftop bar, but if she did, she probably would have felt like me. Errr something like that.
10) I'm a very laid back person. It takes a lot to really bother me. I'm not a competitive person, nor a jealous person. However, since I've worked for Disney I've developed a bit of a problem. When I'm at work and I see someone else wearing the same Disney name tag as me, my mind instinctively goes to "hmmm wonder what department that costume is for?" I think about it for a few seconds and then go on my merry way. However, theres a different category of people. I want to be these people. I'm filled with envy when I see these people. They are non costumed cast members. Now I'm sure they wake up every morning and put their right leg, then left leg into their very own dress pants without a single thought of how greatful they should be for getting to wear an outfit of their own choosing. I swear right now in front of God and my computer that if I am ever fortunate enough to get to wear my very own clothing to work every day, I will never ever take it for granted!
Till next time my friends....
Kelsey, I guarantee that we are more excited about our vacation! We really miss you, so it will be good for us to get a strong dose to hold us over until next time. Plus, we became the coolest parents ever when we said the girls could miss school, see Kelsey, and go to Disney World! :)
ReplyDelete