Ok, so I'm not really in Seattle, but with this lovely weather we've had this week it sure feels like it. No joke, its been pouring everyday for like a week and a half straight. Not even exaggerating! It's a little much! So with that being said, please excuse this less than exciting post as I've been stuck inside for a week!
After working a bazillion hours last week, I decided I would take it easy on myself this week. The end of August and beginning of September is a really slow time at Walt Disney World, as it's the time most kids are heading back to school. Therefore, there hasn't been as much of a demand for vacation planners. After my boss informed me the other day that we were out numbering the guests four to one and that he would gladly grant any requests to leave work early, I took it upon myself to submit an E.R. (early release). It was so much fun leaving work early the first day, that I decided to do it the next two days as well. As I mentioned earlier, it was pouring all work. However, it was perfect napping weather!
One of my highlights this week was coming home to find a package from the Zanolla's, one of the families I babysat for in college! Inside were some of the boys artwork and some AMAZING homemade cookies! They were so delicious, that I put them in my room so that I wouldn't have to share with anyone. Apparently though, I have the self control of a two year old and ate six within the first hour of receiving them. After devouring the first half dozen, I quickly had flashbacks of three years ago when my friends from home flew out to VA Beach to ride home with me. I had spent the entire summer of 2007 eating a steady diet of Krispy Kream Donuts and Haagen Dazs ice cream. When I picked them up from the airport, my face looked like it had been hooked me up to an air tank! Not wanting that to be the case when I see them all next week, I decided to not be a selfish lardo and shared with my roommates. Don't worry though, I still polished off about six more.
So in the few hours I wasn't napping, I did do some fun things this week. A group of us to eat at Olive Garden. You can never go wrong with that place! I've started training for the 1/2 marathon. So far, so good! My roommate Amy, who is running it with me, and I went shopping at the running store and got some new spandex! All experienced runners know that training always starts with shopping. At least that's what I've heard.... I also went to a really fun bar this week called Cowboys. As you may have guessed, this was a line dancing establishment. It was way fun! For all you WIU friends, it reminded me a lot of Stone Country. Good times! I also saw the movie The Switch, with Jennifer Aniston, last night. It was cute, but very predictable.
This past week my freaking cute nieces started school! They're getting so old, it's unreal! I called them after their first day to ask them how it went. As I was talking to Lana, the third grader, I was telling her that when they come down here for vacation it's going to be her mom's birthday, her dad's birthday, and their anniversary, so we'll have to think of lots of fun surprises for them. She started whispering and said, "Ok, what's like the most romantic place in Disney World?" Too cute! Then I talked to Bridget, the kindergartner, as we were getting off the phone she says, "Kelsey, how long until I'm going to see you?" I said, "Only seven more days Bridget!" She started whining and said, "Ugh why does it have to be sooo long. Why can't it be short like just one week or something?" And that is why she is being sent to school.....
I really do love it here, and am still really happy I'm living in Florida. However, I am beyond excited about going home in FOUR days! Being away from home, really does make you appreciate where you came from that much more. Driving down the Walkerville turnoff and pulling up to Schutz Farms is still one of the best feelings in the whole world!
See you all in four days, or half a week, which ever seems shorter!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWzeInQaUk4
I am sure ma and pa are looking forward to seeing you also!!
ReplyDelete