The cruise was AWESOME! My roommate's passport did arrive on time, and thankfully she was able to make it onto the ship before the final boarding call was made. We cruised to Freeport, Nassau, and then to Norwegian Cruise Line's private island. Nassau was probably my favorite stop, although they were all gorgeous. There were 21 people in our entire group, and surprisingly enough, there was very little drama during the trip. There seemed to be basically three different groups of people on the cruise: old people, couples, and us. To say we were slightly obnoxious would probably be an understatement. Although for the most part I think people viewed us as free entertainment. I dazzled the crowd by combining both my tap dancing and cheer leading skills on the dance floor. Be proud mom, be proud. Also if anybody has recently lost weight, I think I found it for you on the cruise. All you can eat buffets do not exactly encourage one to practice self control. So to sum up the cruise experience, I'm tanner, heavier, poorer, and had a flipping blast!
Right now at Epcot the Food and Wine Festival is going on. During this time they also have a concert series going on called Eat To The Beat. Basically they bring in one hit wonders every night and they preform. Last night Boys II Men was the group singing, so my friends and I decided that in our usual go big or go home fashion that we would wait in line for two hours so that we could sit front row! It was very warm waiting in line, and yes, we did all have sweat stains on our shirts, but we got our front row seats and it was worth the wait. Right behind our seats was the reserved section for Boys II Men's family. It was neat that they sat right behind us, but it kinda took away from the experience having one of the group members' 15 year old daughter sitting behind me while he sang I'll Make Love To You. Awkward.
In exactly two months from yesterday my internship with Disney will be over. It's crazy to think that I've already been here for five months! Last year I was really stressed out about what I was going to do post graduation, and coming to Disney was kind of something random I did on a whim. I have absolutely no regrets about my decision to move down here. Even if I don't stay with Disney, it has opened up doors to tons of opportunities I otherwise would have missed out on. I still have no new news on the job front, but honestly I'm not stressed out. Something will come along, and things will just work out. They always do! January is approaching quickly and the closer I get to that month makes me lean more towards staying down here in Florida for awhile longer. Several of my friends are staying down here, so I'd still have my friends. I really love the weather down here, and the thought of moving back to Illinois during winter makes me cold just thinking about it. This isn't a concrete decision, but I'm about 80% sure that I'm going to stay down here....for awhile anyways.
I could really go for some catfish fritters from the Barefoot right about now. Feel free to ship them to yours truly, if that's even possible....
Whirl Peas!!!!
If you deside to stay down there get your own damm catfish fritters HAHA glad you had fun on your cruise, I am sure you were the entertainment!! Still love to read your blog!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun on the cruise. Sorry I missed the dance, God knows all the hours I spent waiting for you at Grace Ann's dance, so you could entertain cruises!!
ReplyDelete