So my computer has finaly bit the bullet. It's been acting sketchy for the past few months, but sadly this past week I went to turn it on and it wouldn't budge. I'm in the early shopping stages for a new computer. I have a feeling that my dad's car buying style and my computer buying style are going to be a very similar process. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the process, it takes many months of comparing, thinking, and rethinking about a purchase before actually going through with it. With any luck I'll have a new computer by January. Untill then, the good ol computer lab will have to do! I've had several of my friends recommend that I get a Mac. If anyone has any thoughts on the Mac vs PC topic, I'd love to hear them!
Last Sunday I ran in the Susan G Komen Race For The Cure. I cried. There, it's out there. I didn't set a PR, but I ran it in 28:47 and placed 316 among 1170 participants. I'm always happy with any finish that is under 30 minutes. It was really cool to see so many people gathered together to show support for this disease. Before the race began the survivors all gathered about 100 yards behind the starting line and marched toward it together. There was one girl in particular who only appeared to be a couple of years older than me who was bawled, looked weak, and was being pushed in a wheel chair to the start. Seeing that girl was such a reminder to me that life is short, and it's sooooo sweet! I'm so thankful to be healthy, HAPPY, and living each day as if it were my last!
Tomorrow morning 20 of my friends and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas! I'm beyond excited! One of my good friends didn't realize untill yesterday that she didn't have her passport in Orlando and had to have her parents overnight it down here. It's supposed to be here by 10:30 A.M. tomorrow morning. We have to be on the ship in Miami by 4:00 P.M. Say a little prayer that there are no glitches to this and we don't miss the boat, literally!
Bon Voy Age!
Have a great time! Miss you, too!
ReplyDelete