So I think I've come to the realization that being a flight attendant really is the perfect job for me. I get to travel, make money, and I honestly feel like I hardly ever work! The way I see it, you can't beat that!
While I am on reserve I get two four day blocks off a month, plus three days off that the company can switch around if they need me to work a trip. This past week I decided to use my four days off to visit my friends in Orlando and pick up a shift working in the park. In order to be a seasonal cast member I only need to work 40 hours a year at Disney. This allows me to have free admission in the park for myself, and six free admissions per year for my family and friends. Forty hours a year sounds like a breeze to me! So anyways, I had a great time visiting all of my Orlando friends! I've said it before, but I LOVE the friends that I made at Disney. Seriously, they are just some of my favorite people in this whole world! My friend Lita (there's your shout out girl) graciously let me share her humble abode for the week. My friends and I went to see the movie No Strings Attached (I give this movie an ehhh rating). My friend's and I hit up the parks for a couple of days, and of course it wouldn't be a visit to Orlando without stopping by the Ale House for ladies night. Love me some free drinks! On my last night in town I worked a parade shift in Magic Kingdom, which paid for my gas. I'll take it! I'll have to admit, it almost felt good to put on a pair of high water pants, an ugly shirt with a bow, and a vest that was too tight!
On Friday I started working again by sitting ready reserve at the airport for five hours. One of my friends was there as well, so it wasn't actually too bad. We spent the five hours watching The Office episodes and eating Dunkin Donuts. It's a tough job, but someones gotta do it!
On Saturday I left for a three day trip. I did three legs on Saturday and was very tired by the time the last pass anger at the last stop got off the plane. All of my hard work on Saturday paid off though, as I was treated to a 31 hour layover in Washington DC. There is so much to see in Washington that I decided I needed to hire a tour guide. That's where my best good friend Jenn's parent's came in handy! The Holt's were kind enough to pick me up on short notice and hang out for the day on Sunday. We had lunch at an awesome Mexican restaurant in old town. The meal was complete with a strawberry Margarita. Ironic since the first Margarita I ever had was made by none other then Mr. Tim Holt. After lunch we drove around town, and they pointed out several different historical sites. We then went to Arlington Cemetery and watched the changing of the guards ceremony at the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier and saw the eternal flame by JFK's tomb. I definitely need to start bringing my camera on layovers! There is still so much I want to do and see in DC, definitely looking forward to more layovers there!
I hope everyone had a great Single Awareness Day. I kid, I kid I actually don't mind Valentine's Day so much. It's a day to express your love for others, I really think we could use a few more Valentine's Days in a year! I actually had a little thing called a date last night. Maybe calling it a date is a bit of a stretch, but none the less, my friend Bright and I met up and went out to a Sushi Buffet. Bright is from China, so it was kind of fun to have someone with me who is knowledgeable about the whole Sushi topic. I tried many things that I had never even heard of before. Caviar, aka fish eggs, not really all that bad but, I think I'd be just fine if I never tried it again. A new favorite, green tea ice cream. Delicious! We even finished the night off with Bright giving me a rose! Ok fine, the restaurant was giving them out for free.
And now for some exciting news I can finally spill the beans on....I'm gonna be an aunt again! My sister Genny is pregnant with her first bambeeno! I think it's her husband Ben's child, but I forgot to ask about that part ;) Last year when they got a new puppy I kindly offered my creative services and gave them a list of possible dog names. The name they finally settled on, Mac, was one of the names I suggested! So, I figure that if I was successful in naming their dog, why not their child? I've thought long and hard and have came up with a name that they can use for either an XX or an XY, Kellen. It's the perfect name, and it also just so happens to combine my full name, Kelsey Ellen. They're on their own for the middle name, but as for the first....you're welcome. I CANNOT wait to meet Baby Six in August!
"Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth."
Martin H. Fischer
Kellen....love it. Name decision...check. Thanks Kels!
ReplyDeletelove the blog
ReplyDelete