Training is finished and I'm a full fledged, 100 percent, gradumacated flight attendant! Yayy! Being finished with training is like the best thing in the world. It was by far one of the most intense experiences of my life, way harder than college.
A big part of being a flight attendant is the "look" component. Having full makeup on, neat hair in an up-do, and manicured nails are mandatory requirements while in uniform. I've really never been much of a nail person, but I figured if they need to be manicured I might as well get them done professionally. After all, I kinda deserve to be pampered after this past month. So last week, I went to my local salon, and got my nails did. Twenty fives fat ones later, my nails look beautiful, BUT i feel like I'm kidding myself with these things. I'm just not the fake nail wearing kinda girl. It goes against everything I believe in. Plus to be brutally honest in interferes with day to day activities such as typing, texting, picking my nose, popping pimples, picking white balls out of my hair. TMI??? You're welcome! Moral of this story, a clear coat of polish is about as close to I'm coming to a manicure in the future.
So last week Eric came down for a visit. My graduation was really nice, my instructors even took the time to put together a slide show of all the photos from training. That evening all of us graduates and some other flight attendant went out to celebrate at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. This place was like a mini Vegas, very fun! Eric finished off the night by making a group of dancing 70 year old women feel like they were 15 again...
The next morning Eric, me, and all of my belongings headed down to Key West. The drive down was about three hours, all on a two lane highway. This drive was awesome, and the entire way you could look to your left or right and see the ocean! Key West was a blast, and I will for sure be taking visitors down there when they come! The night life was way fun! A little shout out to the kind old man in the truck who gave us a lift back to our hotel after we got a little too sloppy at Sloppy Joe's Bar and Grill! One of my favorite things we did was going on an all day excursion where we snorkeled above the reef, dolphin watched, jet skid, and para sailed. So much flipping fun!
This week I started work. For the first few months I am going on reserve, which is pretty much the equivalent of being a substitute flight attendant. I'm basically just on call. It's exciting because I never know where I may be going, but it's also very difficult to make plans or have a routine. This week I was on reserve for five days and did two trips (Chicago and Aguadilla, Puerto Rico). Both of them were turns, which means we just flew straight there, reloaded, and flew back to Fort Lauderdale.
The next four days I am off and am taking advantage of this time to head up to Orlando to visit my Disney friends. I'm so excited to see some familiar faces! Word on the street is the Superbowl MVP Aaron Rodgers is going to be in the afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom, so they will be exciting to see. Never mind that I have no idea what he even looks like.
Tonight I went with my new roommate Stephanie, to one of her friend's house for a Superbowl party. I always feel so blessed by the good friends I make whenever I move somewhere new. Once again, not too into football, but it was to meet new people, and the food was amazing too.
I officially booked my ticket home for February 23rd through the 26th! I'm elated to go home, like really really excited to see you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment