Sorry for the blogging hiatus! I really hate when people say they have just been "too busy" for something because we're all in control of our own lives. So my excuse will be that I have been working hard and playing hard and blogging hasn't been a priority. I do feel loved knowing that I have faithful readers who notice when I've checked out for a few weeks! :)
Alright so, errrrr rewind! If during this post you notice I sound wiser, more knowledgeable, perhaps older, it's because I am! This is my first post I've written as a 23 year old. I'll try not to sound too old, and keep my complaining about bad knees, constant constipation, and kids these days to a minimum. I had a great birthday! I felt very loved all day long! The only downfall to my birthday was that I had to work. But it just so happens that my work involved flying to Haiti for the day, which was pretty interesting, so it wasn't such a horrible way to spend the day. I had never met any of the crew I was flying with, nor any of the passengers, but it was my birthday and people are supposed to celebrate! I didn't want a little thing like none of them knowing me to get in the way of my celebration, so I just casually brought it up in conversation throughout the flight. Example, a little boy was waiting in the line by my jump seat to use the restroom.
Kelsey-Hi buddy, how are you?
Chubby Child-good
Kelsey-How old are you?
Chubby Child- Seven
Kelsey-Oh how fun! When is your birthday?
CC- blah blah blah some insignificant date that didn't matter
Kelsey-Oh, well guess what, today is MY birthday!
CC-*stares awkwardly* Can I go to the bathroom yet?
As you can see, it didn't work out as planned with every person, but I did get some successful birthday wishes from strangers.
My birthday night I went out with friends for some Mexican birthday dinner. The only thing that could have made it slightly better would have been the waiters slamming ice cream in my face like they do at good ol Los Tres Amigos. So, all in all it was a great birthday!
One of my projects during these past two weeks has been finishing my bedroom! Every since I was little I've LOVED interior decorating! My landlord was super nice and said that I was free to pick the colors for my bedroom walls. I decided on light grey walls, with one dark grey accent wall. Being my savvy little self I was able to buy a really cool bookshelf from Goodwill, and repainted a small dresser and frames that I already had. I spent a week showing up to work with little black highlights throughout my hair, but the result was well worth it. The room turned out exactly how I had envisioned. Photos to come.
This past month I have been working A LOT! During the month of February I didn't get called very often because that's generally a slow travel time. With spring break in full swing this month, I've worked almost everyday that I've been on reserve. One of the most frustrating days came when I was assigned ready reserve from 9:00 A.M-2:00 P.M. I spent most of this time napping in the crew room, and at about 1:45 I woke up, gathered my things, and was relieved that I hadn't been called out. Just as that feeling of gratitude surfaced, the phone rang and I was assigned a turn to Cancun. Now I'm never one to wrinkly my nose at Cancun, but TEN more minutes and I was home free. Oh well, it's all part of this lifestyle! For some reason I've been working a lot of turns, and not quite as many trips. It's all just kind of random how it gets assigned. Currently I am on a trip. Yesterday I was in Tampa laying out by the pool, today I am in Detroit and ordered food in with the other flight attendants because it's way too cold to wonder outside.
I was able to convince my roommate, who has never been a runner, to sign up for a 10k with me. I think it's always more fun to train for a race with someone else as it helps to keep me accountable. This was our first week of training, and so far so good. I've received multiple texts from her this week about being too sore to even walk, so I would go as far as saying training is going really well! If anyone wants to join we're running the Passavant Area 10k on May 28th, it's gonna be fun! I've never really gone on an actually beach run until this week, but it's my new favorite thing! The gorgeous sunset over the ocean, the endorphins, the occasional hunky man runner that passes me....what's not to love?
This next week I have SIX days off! Holler! I really do love this job, but I equally love the days off! Although several of those days are not complete days off, as I've picked up a couple of shifts at Disney. I'll be spending a lot of time with my Orlando friends, and even celebrating one of their birthdays. I find a little bit of work mixed in with a lot of play is always the best practice!
Hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day tomorrow! It just dawned on me that my uniform is a BLACK skirt and a BLUE shirt...looks like someone's arse is getting pinched a lot. I should be back in Ft. Lauderdale just in time to go out and celebrate my wee bit of Irish that I'm sure is buried somewhere in my family tree.
Love you all!
"Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. Every day, from here to there, funny things are everywhere." -Dr. Seuss
You're a nut, but we love to read about your adventures! We think about you often, b/c instead of the boys saying "Oh shoot!", they say "Oh Schutz!" I don't know if you taught them to say that or if they came up with it, but it makes us laugh. :)
ReplyDelete