Friday, March 25, 2011

Top Ten

1) Today is my 6th day of six days off. I've thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of my days off. I feel refreshed and ready to hit the friendly skies tomorrow!

2) On Tuesday I saw the movie Beastly in theaters. If today were opposites day I would say that it was hands down the best movie I have ever seen.

3) This week marks the 10 year anniversary of my Grandpa Schutz passing away. The Tennessee Waltz, Tennessee Walking Horses, bib overalls, Go Fish, and Sweet Petunias will forever make me think of him. What a character!

4) I received an email from my baby niece yesterday, from her very own email account. I seriously thought she was still working on reading. How did that happen?

5) While working at Disney this week I randomly noticed a man out of the corner of my eye buying a balloon on Main Street. His voice sounded familiar, so I turned to look at him and then immediately blurted out, "Dave?" Yep 50,000 people in the Magic Kingdom and I just so happen to run into Dave, one of my sister's best friends' husband. It truly is a small world after all....(good luck getting that song outta your head).

6) This just released: Jenny Raabe, Andrea McQuillan, April 14-19 in FLORIDA! Get excited!

7) Thanks to my one month free trial subscription to Netflix I have now watched every single episode of The Office. Seriously how do you not laugh out loud while watching that show? So. Stinking. Hilarious.

8) The flower and garden festival is currently going on at Epcot. There are tons of beautiful flower displays and Disney character topiaries on that are really cool. All of this gardening business brought to mind the time I brought my prized Marigolds to the 4H fair. As I sat my arrangement in front of the judges I was all ready to tell them how I had diligently cared for the flowers all summer, but they interrupted me by asking me to first tell them the name of my flowers. I had to excuse myself for a moment to go ask my mom....BUSTED. I started to share this embarrassing story with my friend Lita, who immediately asked what the bleep 4H was. Yet another culture clash for this Midwestern farm girl and New England Jew.

9) I was attacked, but thankfully not bitten, by two separate small dogs today, during two completely different instances. Conspiracy theory much?

10) Piano Bars get me every time. I've seriously never not had a blast at one, and Jelly Rolls on Sunday night was no exception! I think it'd be so much fun play at one. I've got the piano part down, but the voice is my downfall. My friends have told me most singers fall into either the alto or soprano category, but I would be best placed in the baritone section. I view this as a speed bump, not a roadblock.

The Gift Of Love

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

by Mother Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment