Thursday, May 5, 2011

California

Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone! Hope everyone gets to enjoy some delicious tacos, fajitas, and margaritas today.

The only super exciting news worthy event that has taken place since I last wrote was my trip to California. Three of my other flight attendant friends and I all had four days off and decided what better to do with four days off then go to California. I had actually never been there, so I was pretty stoked about the trip. We were able to fly out to Los Angeles on Virgin America Airlines. This airlines is awesome! Not only was the crew super friendly, but the planes made me feel like I was more so in a nightclub rather than a metal tube with 200 of my closest pals. Each seat has a personal screen that allows you to watch movies and TV, listen to music, and even order your food. Very cool!

We arrived in Los Angeles with little to no agenda, which is personally how I travel best. The first day we roamed around Hollywood Boulevard, and got pictures with several stars on the Walk of Fame. As we were outside the Kodak Theatre, a guy, who introduced himself as the as a production assistant with the Jimmy Kimmel Live Show, approached us and asked if we were interested in being in the audience that evening. I'm not exactly what you would call the world's biggest Jimmy Kimmel fan, but what the hey! We had a few hours before we needed to return for the taping so we quickly found a cute Mexican bar, and entertained ourselves there. A few hours later we arrived back at the Kodak Theatre and were very surprised to find out that we'd be sitting front row. My friends and I did get to meet Jimmy Kimmel, and he made several jokes at our expense about flight attendants being cell phone nazis. I can now officially say I've been made fun of by a celebrity. The guest that night was Martin Short. For being a comedian, I acutally did not find him to be all that funny. I was slightly disappointed that after viewing the show I made it into all of two clips. Show biz is just so tough these days!

The next day my friends and I went to California's Six Flags. It was pretty much just your typical theame park, but it was awesome to see all of the mountains from so high up. I was also able to meet up with my friend Ryan, who interned with me at Disney and now lives in California. It was a great two day trip, and I am definitely eager to go back.

This past week has been very slow work wise. It's difficult to have much of a routine when I never know wheather I will be working or hanging out at home all day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that next month I will be blessed with a line, which allows me to know my schedule for the entire month and no longer be on call.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment: