A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be on an aircraft that not only broke down once during my day trip to New York, but twice. Now, I know I usually seep with sarcasm, but in this specific case I truly was elated to have my flights delayed. I was happy because this delay made the plane land in Fort Lauderdale twenty minutes into my guaranteed day off. As a result of this I was awarded an extra day off, which I always gladly accept. With this extra day off I now had six days off in a row, and decided to head back to Illinois to spend a week with my family and friends.
The commute back to Illinois was crazy! I hadn't down much planning since the trip was very last minute, and hadn't thought about how difficult it would be to fly standby on a Friday after work. I won't bore you with all the details, but after not making it onto three separate flights, going through TSA security four times, and sprinting from one end of the Atlanta Airport to the other carrying my stilettos, I finally arrived in Saint Louis around 12:30 A.M. Saturday morning.
My week at home was great! Chad, Stacy, and Lana were out of town for the weekend, but Bridget opted to stay at home with me. I miss both of those girls so much, and I loved getting to spend so much time with Bridget. She is truly one of my very favorite people in this whole world. She is sweet, kind, funny, loving, innocent, and creative. I just wanna put her in a time capsule and keep her as a six year old Bridget forever. Although the rainy weather didn't corporate so well for our planned bike ride we made up for it by playing Barbie's, watching Tangled (cute movie, BTW), playing dress up, and giving each other pedicures. Fun times!
Some of the other highlight to my Illinois trip were...
-Homemade Gaily dinner with my friends
-Eating Guadalajara
-Mowing my parents yard (not even kidding, I seriously love mowing)
-Going to the little girl's dance lessons
-Spending an entire day with my sister painting Baby six's bedroom
-Seeing bridesmaids with my girlfriends (very funny, movie)
-Biking, picnicking, and shopping in Grafton with Kristen
-Watching my cousin Ashly play softball like a rock star
-And last but not least attending the high class event of the year "The Carny" with Lana and Bridget
Thankfully I fly for free and was NOT charged a baggage fee for the extra five pounds I brought back with me....on my hips. If the expression you are what you eat is true, then just call me Kelsey Homemade Pizza-Stromboli-Ice Cream-Tagalongs-Blueberry Muffin-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie-Stuffing-Schutz!
I was at home in Fort Lauderdale for a grand total of 18 hours before I packed up the 'ol suitcase and headed out again. I spent two night in Atlanta and had an awesome crew! On the second night of the trip a fellow crew member and I went out and explored Atlanta nightlife. I was a fan!
After arriving back home I worked two more days doing day turns, and was then off for three more days. As soon as my plane landed from Nassau, Bahamas I headed over to the Southwest terminal and hopped on a plane to Orlando in order to work a few shifts at Disney. I'm pretty sure that by the time I'm done going out to eat, shopping, and seeing movies with all my friends in Orlando, I pretty much just break even on these "work trips."
In other exciting news, I was awarded a line for the month of June! This is awesome because I now know my schedule for the entire month and will no longer be on call, WOOHOO! I'll be working quite a bit and I have some fun layovers that include Atlantic City, New Jersey (tax free shopping?! Yes, please!), San Juan, Puerto Rico, Orlando, New York City, and Myrtle Beach. The only downfall to this is that I didn't get the weekend off that I had planned to go to the Lake of The Ozarks with my friends from home. I still haven't completely ruled out going for only half the weekend, but even that may be difficult to swing. Ugh, being an adult is hard work sometimes!
Hope everyone has a great week! Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment