This past week I had an awesome four-day trip! It was so easy that I definitely felt like I more so vacationing than working. There was only one leg per each day of the trip, just the way all trips should be!
The first day I arrived in Chicago late in the evening, and didn't have time to do much before heading to bed. The next morning my friend Maria, who was working the trip with me, and I were picked up at our hotel by my friend Eric, who so generously offered to be our tour guide for the day. We then drove to the train station and picked up my friend Heather, who I had not seen since February. Us four then rented bikes and rode along Lake Michigan. We had perfect weather, and it was absolutely gorgeous out. Naturally we were a little hungry after several miles of pedaling so once we made it to Navy Pier we ate lunch at Jimmy Buffet's MargaritaVille. Unbeknownst to us, our day in Chicago just so happened to coincide with free hug day. I'm not actually sure what the cause Free Hug Day is trying to bring awareness to or what the point of it is, but we did see large groups of college age ish people wearing tie die t-shirts that said Free Hugs who were in fact giving away free hugs. Personally, I think Free Hug Day sounds like a perv's dream come true, this coming from one of the least touchy feely people known to mankind. Anyways, after our lunch we looked around Navy Pier and rode the big Ferris wheel. This was Heather and Maria's first time riding the Ferris wheel and probably my fourth. Every single time I ride it, my palms get sweaty, it gets hard for me to take deep breaths, and I freak out! Still not sure why I always insist on riding it.
After our day in the city, we flew out to Los Angeles. Eric and I randomly decided that since he had the next couple of days off, he should try to fly standby with me. Luckily he got on the flight, and so he was able to spend the whole next day sightseeing with me. I have never been to Disneyland, but every since I started working for Disney World, I've really wanted to go. We decided that since we had a full day in Los Angeles and free passes into Disney, that we should go visit. So we rented a car, drove 30 minutes, and spent the day at Disneyland. It was almost an errie feeling being inside this park I had never been to because for the most part it was set up like Disney World, so I felt like I knew my way around. Due to us only having a limited amount of time and Eric not being super into the whole Disney thing, we only spent about 4 hours in the park. It was really neat to see though, and I definitely would love to go back when I have more time, and am traveling with fellow Disney nerds. Eric had never seen the Hollywood sign or stars, so after we left Disney we went to Hollywood and took the usual touristy pictures. Even though I had done all of that before, it was still fun to be in Hollywood. I LOVE California!
After our busy day in California, we flew back on a redeye to Chicago. I'm actually quite used to red eyes, and actually prefer them to day flights. However, working a red eye after playing tourist for an entire day with no nap was ROUGH. Thank God for coffee! After arriving in Chicago and getting minimal rest, we flew back to Fort Lauderdale where our trip ended. Super fun four day!
These past few days I have been off, and after being gone non stop for nearly three weeks I've been indulging in some good old fashioned R and R...as well as grocery shopping, random errands, cleaning, working out, and hanging out with friends. My big news for the week is that I am officially a Floridian. Yesterday I switched my license, and I have to say I was a little nostalgic about doing it. I don't even know who my governor is!
This quote really doesn't tie into anything in this post, but I saw it this week and thought it was interesting and thought provoking. Enjoy!
"Before you embark on a journey of revenge; Dig two graves" -Chinese Philosopher Confucious
No comments:
Post a Comment