So to answer your burning question of what has Kelesy been up to since she last blogged...I've pretty much been dealing with the aftermath of my car accident. The day after my last post my friend Liz moved to Orlando to do the Disney College Program. She had driven all the way from Chicago to Orlando solo, so I really wanted to be in Orlando to welcome her to the great state of Florida. It had been storming that day, as it has seriously been doing EVERYDAY since then, so I decided that since there might be flight delays, it'd be quicker to drive. Fast foreword to 5:30 P.M. that evening. It had just finished raining, but the roads were still slick, I'm driving about 60 MPH in the far left lane on I95.Mr. McRedtruck to my right, who is going about 45 MPH decided it'd be a good idea to not turn on his blinker, nor check his mirrors, and pulls into my lane. The silver bullet, AKA my 2008 Corolla, smashes into the back of his truck, bounces off, and slams into the concrete divider.
Fortunately for me this was the 1st accident I've ever been in and honestly for it being a really sucky situation, the whole post wreck process went very smoothly. My friend Michelle was my angel that day by not only driving to West Palm to pick me up, but also buying me peanut butter cup ice cream, taco bell, and calling the insurance companies for me I was still very shook up. the officer on scene was also very kind and took the time to speak with both of us in order to get the complete story. In the end I walked with only a few bruises, the other driver was found at fault and I have a rental car for the time being.
Since I was in a pretty bum mood about the whole wreck situation, Lita drove down the weekend following the accident to cheer me up. Have I ever mentioned what good friends I have?! We spent the weekend watching How I Met Your Mother, IKEAing, cooking, and topped it all off with a good 'ol fashioned Rascal Flats Concert.
Within a week of the accident my bruising from the seat belt had faded enough that it only looked like I had a small hicky on my neck...awesome. Any who, I finally felt good enough to go back to work. My mom was raised with her Grandma Strand telling her that, when you don't feel normal, do something normal. So with all the craziness that the accident brought, it was actually kinda nice to return to the normalcy of work.
After a few days of work, it was time for more fun. This time my friend Eric came to spend a few days soaking up the Florida rays on the beach. As I previously mentioned, it's been raining non-stop here, so we had to go to plan B: drinking pina coladas next to the beach. Equally as fun! Although the sun never really came out, the crabs did and we had fun walking on the beach and finding them. We also saw the movie Our Idiot Brother. If you have plans to see this movie, I have some words of wisdom.... DON’T! Seriously, horrible movie!
The BEST news I have to report is that I'm officially an aunt cubed! Joseph Benjamin Six was born on August 27th at 9:00 PM to my sister Genny and her husband ben. I was very excited to see pictures of him, but it really tugged at the ol heartstrings when I heard him cry on the phone. I cannot wait to come home and meet him.
Speaking of home, it's been four and a half months since I've last been there and I'm very ready for a visit. If all goes as planned, I will be there September 10th through the nineteenth. Get excited!!
No comments:
Post a Comment