Unfortunately, I haven't had a ton of reading time this week, so I still haven't completed my book on how to handle my quarter life crisis, so no new news on that front. However, I have been able to read a little bit of it this week, and so far so good. A big part of the book is about reflecting. One of the exercises from the book this week involved interviewing your mother about her experience as a 20 something year old. I'll keep this very general because when I asked her to do the interview with me she actually said, "This isn't going to end up on the Internet is it?!" Oh, Gaily! Anyways, my mom and I are very close, so there really weren't too many shocking moments (although I was slightly hoping for some stories she possibly forgot to mention during the past 23 years like about the time she almost eloped, or the time she got arrested for disorderly conduct, or the time she went streaking through her college campus....eh not so much). While I really didn't learn anything horribly new about my mom, I still took a lot away from the interview. The biggest lesson I learned, is that while my mom and I have very similar personalities (very laid back, passionate about people, free thinkers), we have had very different 20 something year old experiences. At my current age of 23 I'm struggling with issues like where should I move next, what career path should I pursue, do I actually want to get married and if so at what age should I at least ATTEMPT to stop dating Mr. Wrongs. My mom, on the other hand, had been happily married for four years when she was 23, and was a full time mommy to a one year old. She was very active in the community, and she and my father were very focused on expanding the family farm. I just thought that was all very interesting, because the book has been talking a lot about the differences between the current 20 something generation, as opposed to our parent's generation, and in many ways the experiences are very different because there were different expectations of that generation as opposed to ours. Just a little something something to ponder.
In between my last trip, and the one I am on right now, I had a three day gap, so naturally I went to Disney. I was able to hang out with my friend Liz, and you guessed it, we got another Holiday Sandwich. YUMMMM! After our Earl of Sandwich dinner, she actually showed me one of her favorite Disney things, that I had never experienced before; watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian Resort. They even play the music that accompanies the fireworks. How cool is that?!
Two of my Spirit friends from Fort Lauderdale also came up for the trip, and it was fun to show them around my old stompin' ground. We were able to visit Hollywood Studios while we were in town, and see the Osbore Holiday Lights (Christmas lights that blink to the beat of the music).
While we were in town we stayed with my good friends Lita and Sari. I also got to meet their newest roommate, Benjamin! I'm not always the biggest animal lover, but this dog just melts your heart. I resisted the urge to put him in my suitcase. The best part about the dog? That's right, he's hypoallergenic and does not shed. Now that my kind of indoor pet!
And now, a little thought to ponder for the week....God only has three answers to our prayers. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind.
Have a wonderful week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment