I’m sitting in the Lambert Airport
Getting ready to board my flight
First I’ll stop in Baltimore
Then onto New York City for the night
Before I continue
Let me take a minute to rewind
The past month has been crazy
So here’s what’s on my mind
I sold and donated
A large majority of my stuff
Trying to cram your life into your car….
Now that is really rough
I said my goodbyes
To my Fort Lauderdale crew
From Florida to Illinois
Eric and I drove straight through
Home just in time for Christmas
I couldn’t have asked for more
All my family was in one place
Can’t buy that gift in a store
New Year’s Eve day was a blast
Spent it at The Saint Louis Magic House
With the nieces and Zanolla’s
Who were on their way to visit The Mouse
Two of my friends from Disney
Came for a weekend on the farm
Lita fell off a horse
Thankfully, she didn’t break her arm
In between all those activities
I hung out and had lots of fun
Like eating homemade food
And fitting in a weekly run
Zumba and ice-skating
Geo cashing too
Rides in the tractor
Sledding with Drea Mc-Q
Playing with baby Joseph
Vanilla cokes at White Hall City Drug’s
Going to my home church
Getting lots of hugs
As soon as the fun had started
It was over in a flash
But naturally I couldn’t leave
Without a going away bash
Some of my very favorite people
All gathered to wish me well
When Allison surprised me from Chicago
I almost fainted and fell
I knew goodbyes would be the hard part
Obviously lots of tears
Now that that is over
I’m left with only a few minimal fears
I have an idea what to expect
But at the same time no idea at all
Stay tuned for the adventure
And for Pete’s sake ANSWER IF I CALL
I LOVED IT VERY CLEVER!
ReplyDeleteWe really love your poems! We saved the ones you wrote the girls at Christmas :)
ReplyDelete