Exactly a week ago training started in full swing, and I have pretty much had my nose in my flight manual every since then. Studying is a foreign concept to me. I was always a fairly average student in school, I never was one to spend long hours in the library reading chapters and chapters of textbooks. So this whole studying thing is not my forte, to say the least!
However, I have gone through flight attendant training, and know that there is no other way around passing the tests than studying my arse off! So with the exception of two dinners out with friends this weekend, I was in full-blown study mode! Today we had our first comprehensive test on safety procedures, and I passed with a 100%! I would have been more than happy with an 80% (the just passing mark), so I was elated when I found out I had a perfect score!
One of the things I was most dreading about going through flight attendant training again was practiceing ditching, or landing in water. One of my top 5 least favorite things in this world is swimming, bathing, being splashed, etc by cold water. Fact: In 2008 when I worked at Cascades, a summer camp in Seattle, on a lake, I was the sole counselor who did not enter the water all summer long on account of it being freaking freezing! So last Thursday was the dreaded day that my group had to jump out of a raft, fully clothed into an indoor pool that was all of about 35 degree in order to "get us used to the water in a real life situation." Whatever! Anyways, I jumped, I shivered in the water for a good five minutes, and I lived to tell about it, but am VERY glad that part is behind me!
Side note, I miss fresh, inexpensive, quality meat, fruits, and vegetables! It's all imported, and all of the produce seems to be drenched in preservatives. No good!
A little shout out to one of my very favorite people in this world, Kristen Bell! Happy Birthday my beautiful friend!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDelete