This week's trip was a bit of a long one! I was gone for a total of five days, visiting Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Melbourne, Australia, back to Kuala Lumpur, and finally heading home to Dubai.
I was extremely exhausted when we reached KL on the first day, however, I forced myself to stay up for several hours in order to have a proper night's rest. Two other flight attendants and I went into the area known as Little China Town, where the roads were lines with street vendors selling everything from fake name brand purses to copy watches. I bought a few Christmas presents and may or may not be the new proud owner of slightly fuzzy versions of Water For Elephants and Burlesque.
The next day we flew to Melbourne, and after a great night's sleep I met up with Erica and Helen, two of my favorite Disney friends. Side note, layovers are 100 times more fun when I get to meet up with friends, and have my own personal tour guide(s) for the city I am visiting. We started off the day with an awesome brunch at a local pub/cafe. After devouring a delicious avocado and poached egg on sourdough, we walked around the city for a bit. Melbourne is an incredibly artistic community. The alleyways are all filled with awesome graffiti, talented musicians seem to be found on every street corner, and in one specific case we witnessed a man creating living art.....er something artsy like that.
 |
Live Art In Melbourne....Pelicans Dine Free At This All You Can Eat Bread and French Fry Buffet
|
Our next stop after brunch was to Luna Park, Melbourne's most famous theme park which has been in operation for 100 years! Judging by the amount of jostling that occurred while riding the largest wooden roller coaster in the park, the exact same rides have also been in operation for 100 years. Having the slight fear that the ride could split into two at any given moment, actually made the entire experience that much more fun!
 |
Erica, Helen, and I at the Entrance To Luna Park.
|
The next stop on the Tour de Melbourne was to the St. Kilda Breakwater Wildlife Area, where, word on the street is, some wild penguins make a daily appearance. Apparently ,they were vacationing with the 'roos from Sydney, cause they certainly never showed their little tuxedod selves to us! Regardless, it was a great walk by the sea, and it was a cool view of the city!
 |
The Girls and I....And Melbourne, Boats, and Water
Before we all parted ways, we ended the day by sipping some apple cider, and splitting a basket of french fries at a riverfront pub. Yum! It was a great day of site seeing, and was SO fun to catch up with Erica and Helen after nearly two years of separation!
The last day of the trip was spent back in Malaysia. I had been warned throughout my entire trip to be careful in Kuala Lumpur, as a common crime trend there involves motor cyclist speeding by the sidewalks, grabbing purses (often dragging the purse holder as well), and then speeding away. This girl is NOT a fan of becoming a statistic, so when another crew member and I decided to go on a short walk to see the famous Twin Towers, I was careful to bring only as many accessories as I could stuff into my bra. I knew all those years of practicing with socks would pay off one day!
|
 |
Fitting Two of the World's Largest Towers and Myself Into The Same Picture...NOT An Easy Task
We landed back into Dubai yesterday afternoon, and I think it's safe to say this five day trip wore me out! I laid down at 5:30 p.m. for a short cat nap...and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6 A.M. this morning. Well, I'm off to gather more nuts and berries....
Have a great week, everyone!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment