If you were able to put all the clues from the above title together and come up with the topic of this week's post, San Fransisco, then you are one smart cookie! Go you!
This was actually my very first time visiting San Fransisco, so I was super excited to check out the city!
I had plans to go out to dinner with the crew the first night we arrived, however, the ol common cold combined with working a 15 hour flight left me sounding like a drag-queen-a-licious version of myself, so I opted for room service and some 'Merican TV in my jamies! These are the kinds of things you can do when you're 25.
The next morning I headed out bright and early for a day full of sightseeing. After an interesting train and bus ride, complete with an elderly woman ramming her tennis ball covered walker into my shins while screaming at no one in particular, "You don't respect me, I don't respect you," I arrived at the Golden Gate Bridge. I felt like walking across the entire bridge would be monumental, and just something I should do, however, half way through the windy, two mile walk I started to think that the only thing I was going to do at the end of the bridge was turn around, so I might as well just go back now. Gail Schutz's ever present voice in my head reminded me that, just like the time I realized half way through my 5th grade school year that I was no Kenny G and wanted to quit the band, I should complete my intended goal, "If you start something, finish it!"
Onward I marched!
After my journey across the bridge, I caught another bus (no apparent crazy ladies this time), and headed to Fisherman's Wharf. This area that encompasses the northern waterfront area of San Fransisco was so cute! It was filled with lots street vendors, mom and pop stores, and cool restaurants.
I 100% by accident, without even knowing it, swear I didn't mean to, ok I'm lying...headed to the famous Ghiradelli Square where I devoured some delicious chocolates, drank a coffee, and listened to a local dude play a live set of his new acoustic album. Perfection!
My next stop on Tour de San Fransisco is probably the most iconic place in town, the reason most people travel thousands of miles to visit the city by the bay: Fleet Feet Sports, an awesome running shoe store! The Saucony Hurricane 14 running shoes I wore for the half marathon were no longer cutting it, as I was still dealing with blisters from them after wearing them for nearly three months. I'll spare you the photos. You're welcome.
The guys at Fleet Feet were super knowledgeable about all things running, and properly measured my feet, watched me run, and even massaged my calluses and examined the blisters to determine where my current shoes were rubbing. He then received a purple heart for his act of bravery.
After his assessment he presented me with several shoes he recommended for my foot type. I surprisingly ended up with another pair of Saucony's, but a much lighter weight pair called the Cortana. As soon as I can take a deep breathe without my chest breaking in half, I'm definitely going to bust these bad boys out!
The next morning before the long flight back in the mother ship, I went to do some non Arabic grocery shopping. The grocery store across from my hotel was Trader Joe's. Although I've always heard great things about this chain, I've never actually been to one. I was beyond impressed by this place, and would go as far as saying I'm hooked! There is a ton of fresh and locally grown produce, as well as a huge variety of healthy pre packaged food I had never seen before. The kicker was that it was all insanely inexpensive, especially for California!
That's about it folks! I'm off to the local Jazz Club to see if they have any lead singer vacancies....
This was actually my very first time visiting San Fransisco, so I was super excited to check out the city!
I had plans to go out to dinner with the crew the first night we arrived, however, the ol common cold combined with working a 15 hour flight left me sounding like a drag-queen-a-licious version of myself, so I opted for room service and some 'Merican TV in my jamies! These are the kinds of things you can do when you're 25.
The next morning I headed out bright and early for a day full of sightseeing. After an interesting train and bus ride, complete with an elderly woman ramming her tennis ball covered walker into my shins while screaming at no one in particular, "You don't respect me, I don't respect you," I arrived at the Golden Gate Bridge. I felt like walking across the entire bridge would be monumental, and just something I should do, however, half way through the windy, two mile walk I started to think that the only thing I was going to do at the end of the bridge was turn around, so I might as well just go back now. Gail Schutz's ever present voice in my head reminded me that, just like the time I realized half way through my 5th grade school year that I was no Kenny G and wanted to quit the band, I should complete my intended goal, "If you start something, finish it!"
Onward I marched!
After my journey across the bridge, I caught another bus (no apparent crazy ladies this time), and headed to Fisherman's Wharf. This area that encompasses the northern waterfront area of San Fransisco was so cute! It was filled with lots street vendors, mom and pop stores, and cool restaurants.
I 100% by accident, without even knowing it, swear I didn't mean to, ok I'm lying...headed to the famous Ghiradelli Square where I devoured some delicious chocolates, drank a coffee, and listened to a local dude play a live set of his new acoustic album. Perfection!
My next stop on Tour de San Fransisco is probably the most iconic place in town, the reason most people travel thousands of miles to visit the city by the bay: Fleet Feet Sports, an awesome running shoe store! The Saucony Hurricane 14 running shoes I wore for the half marathon were no longer cutting it, as I was still dealing with blisters from them after wearing them for nearly three months. I'll spare you the photos. You're welcome.
The guys at Fleet Feet were super knowledgeable about all things running, and properly measured my feet, watched me run, and even massaged my calluses and examined the blisters to determine where my current shoes were rubbing. He then received a purple heart for his act of bravery.
After his assessment he presented me with several shoes he recommended for my foot type. I surprisingly ended up with another pair of Saucony's, but a much lighter weight pair called the Cortana. As soon as I can take a deep breathe without my chest breaking in half, I'm definitely going to bust these bad boys out!
The next morning before the long flight back in the mother ship, I went to do some non Arabic grocery shopping. The grocery store across from my hotel was Trader Joe's. Although I've always heard great things about this chain, I've never actually been to one. I was beyond impressed by this place, and would go as far as saying I'm hooked! There is a ton of fresh and locally grown produce, as well as a huge variety of healthy pre packaged food I had never seen before. The kicker was that it was all insanely inexpensive, especially for California!
| My Trader Joe's Loot...Minus the Items I Already Ravaged |
Kelsey how exciting that you got to tour San Francisco. I noticed the eggplant hummus in the pic. I have just started eating hummus and I love it. Have never saw eggplant. sounds yummy. Did you have a wonderful time at home last month? Keep up with the post I LOVE THEM!!
ReplyDeleteHummus is one of my favorite things. I've made it myself a few times, but generally I'm far too lazy to do that. I did have a great time at home! Love that place and all those people :)
ReplyDeleteYour trip to San Fran sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to reading about your adventures with Mew.
ReplyDelete