February is officially OVA! Can we all just collectively let out a halle-freaking-lujah?! This past month was a rough one for me! I didn't anticipate the one year anniversary being the emotional equivalent of sticking a hot needle that had been dipped in dog poo into my eye, but man, was it! Why some holidays and anniversaries come and go like a breeze, yet other random Wednesdays can leave me alternating between the ugly cry and echoing the words of my five year old self, "I just want my mommy," is beyond me! Grief, you are a tricky little booger!
Grief hurts. Nutella can help.
A close family friend of ours has coined the phrase, "Sometimes you just need to be with the home folk."
With the one year anniversary lurking just around the corner, I decided that I just needed to do just that! Luckily, I have a pretty cool job that allows me to decide at 6 pm on a random Tuesday that I'd like to take a week and a half off from work, fly across the world that night, and why yes, I would like to do so using insanely discounted airline tickets, another pretty neat perk of the 'ol 9-5!
Eleven days of unplanned and unscheduled home time was seriously JUST what I needed!
While I was home I helped prepare lots of gourmet meals like...
s'mores over the fire!
Hung out with these crazies a ton, including a fun day of swimming!
Gave dis widdle bidy baby a million and five kisses...
Rang in my 25th with this cool cat...
And overall just had a boot scootin good time at home :)
25 years is a very long time for a born and raised farm girl to never have owned her very own cowgirl boots! Thanks, pa!
Though the visit home has come and gone, I feel beyond blessed to have been able to take just a little peice of home back with me in my heart...rather, my chest. Awww upper respiratory infection, truly the gift that keeps on giving!






It was great to have you here! Gotta say, I LOVE YOUR IMPROMPTU VISITS!!! Baie liefde, meisie!
ReplyDelete