Saturday morning the journey began! Kristen and I left at 11:00 A.M. in the jam packed Corolla. We made really great time and only made one major stop the entire way down. The stop rhymed with Spracker Carrel… We arrived in Daytona Beach bright and early at 7:00 A.M. on Sunday morning. Our hotel wasn’t ready so we were homeless for several hours. Thankfully, Kristen’s old neighbor from Edwardsville just moved to Daytona and allowed us to crash on his couch for a few hours until our hotel was ready. It also poured yesterday, so no beach for us. We then ate at Bubba Gumps for dinner, good stuff.
This morning started out bright and early! Kristen and I were running a little late and made it to the airport a measly 30 minutes before her flight left. I was fine when I dropped her off, only because the goodbye was so rushed. Then I started driving to Disney by myself, and thinking about how I was in Florida…. by myself. So I did what anyone would do, pulled into the nearest Seven Eleven, called my dad, and cried. Eventually I composed myself and ventured into Disney.
Disney definitely has the entire internship program down to a science! While I was waiting in line for check in a girl from Pennsylvania and I started visiting, and decided to become roommates. We seem to have a lot in common, so I may have a potential friend on my hands! After check in I went to our apartment and met the rest of my roommates. There are six of us. We’re from all over (Pennsylvania, Texas, Colorado, Mississippi, and Missouri), but all seem to be laid back and chill.
The apartments are nicer than I expected. We’re all sharing rooms, but they’re pretty spacious. We have two bathrooms and a pretty big living room. FYI, it’s hot, like a different kind of hot, here!
Love and miss you all!
Interesting first day. Thanks for sharing princess.
ReplyDeleteWe are missing you already! :)
ReplyDelete