In less than one week I will be in the sunshine state! I’m somewhere in between being so excited I could burst, and being scared and nervous to the point of wanting to crawl up into the fetal position and cry! In Hope Floats, one of my top three favorite movies, Sandra Bullock’s character says, “Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts.” I think I would have to agree!
In between graduation and the end of my internship I had one full week to do NOTHING! It was glorious! My days pretty much consisted of the following. I would wake up around the crack of eleven, at which point Allison would wonder into my room. We would lay on my bed for about an hour pondering life. After a while we would discuss what we’re going to eat for lunch, and then get up and eat the lunch. Next we would have to watch t.v. for an hour to let our food digest. Then eventually I would muster up the energy to tan and go for a run. Each night usually ended up with us showering and heading out for our final nights on the town in Macomb. Somehow we would manage to wake up the next morning and do the whole shebang all over again. Just thinking about that final week brings a little tear of happiness to my eye.
Well that fantasy world came to a screeching halt the Monday morning following my graduation. I woke up to two text messages and an angry voicemail from Mama Schutz, who was slightly irritated that I had been hanging out in Macomb, doing nothing for a week. I believe the exact wording of the voicemail was, “Kelsey Ellen, I think you can get your butt home! I have no idea what you’re doing up there. Are you just drinking all of your graduation money?!?!”
So needless to say I packed up the Silver Bullet and made my way back to Schutz Farms. Before doing so I said my goodbyes to Jenn and Allison. That was hard. Not to get all mushy here, but those girls really did become, not only my best friends, but also my family at school. It’s going to be very different not having them by my side all the time.
As far as my gap between college and Disney, I really only set two goals for myself: Finish my bedroom and hang out with my family and friends. I would go as far as saying I have been successful on both accounts! I really haven’t done anything too exciting, just the everyday normal happenings of life, but that’s what I think I’ll miss the most while I’m gone. I did complete my first 5k of the year last weekend. Brock, my bro, and I ran the entire thing together and did it in a little over 27 minutes. Not too shabby considering the lack of training we both did!
I have no idea what this next week will entail. My friend Kristen and I are leaving Saturday afternoon, driving straight through the night to Daytona Beach, and hanging out there for a day. Monday morning I will be dropping Kristen off at the airport, and then I report for Disney Duty. Stay tuned folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment