So I’m not sure if pet roosters are tired, but I sure know I am! These past few days have been jam packed. Yesterday I had a class called “Traditions.” It was all about how the company was created, what is currently going on with it, and what the future plans are. I really did learn a lot in the class. For example, I never knew that Walt Disney actually died before Disney World even opened. Who knew?! During “Traditions” us interns were also given a tour of Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom actually has tunnels underneath the park so that guests never see characters acting uncharacteristic. I also learned more about Disney lingo. At Disney we never have lost children, we have lost parents. There are no employees, just cast members. Our jobs are our roles, and last, but not least, we don’t have uniforms, but we do have costumes.
Speaking of which, today I got mine. Hopefully soon I will post a picture online so that all of you can see this wonderful outfit. Just to create a mental picture, I’ve got black pleated pants that come just below my brazier. On the top I have a short sleeve white button down blouse, yes, I did just use the word blouse. It’s all topped off with a very attractive pinkish vest. Basically, It’s going to be tough to do my job and deal with the masses of men attracted to my hotness.
Anywho, today I had Magic Kingdom orientation in the morning and orientation for my role this afternoon. I had to be at the orientation at 7:15 A.M. This meant I had to catch a bus at 6:15 A.M. This also meant I had to wake up at 5:15 A.M. Guhhhhhh. Surprisingly, after only four hours of sleep I’m still functioning. Today I was able to observe a vacation planner in action. I’ve come to find out that vacation planning is actually just a fancy name for ticket sales, which is fine with me. I will be working right at the entrance gate at Magic Kingdom. My booth is air conditioned, I have a seat, and it’s usually pretty slow in the afternoon. I don’t think this sounds like a bad gig! The lady that I was observing told me that she was hired 13 years ago because the company was looking for people with accounting experience to work in ticket sales. Now, however, the focus has changed and they are hiring people who have good communication skills, are outgoing, and can engage well with the guests. Interesting!
Tomorrow I start training as a park greeter. By tomorrow night I should be saying, “Welcome to Walt Disney World,” in my sleep!
Always glad to see your news Kelsey. When dads come up to the window, think of your dad and the kiniption he had when he began to pay for a family of 6!!! You'll be darling and a good greeter for Disney. Keep smiling!
ReplyDelete