Yes, you are reading this properly. I am spending my Friday night uploading facebook pictures and updating my blog. My college self would be so ashamed!
This past week and a half has been crazy, but way fun! Last Wednesday I flew home, and the wonderful Jenny and Mark Raabe picked me up from the airport. A bunch of my friends came over that night, and it was so great to see them all! Thursday, my best good friend, Allison, drove down to see me for the day. I took it upon myself to teach her to drive stick shift in one of the farm pick up trucks. We did spend 15 minutes at a stop sign with her trying to move from neutral to first. Thankfully, a local farmer pulled up next to us and starred at us. Allison smiled with her cute little dimples and said, "I'm just trying to learn to drive stick." The farmer nodded and said, "well try puttin' er in first." Then he drove away. Well thanks Helpy Helperton! After that little incident she did very well, and I was quite proud of my student!
Friday, Allison left. I cried. Then Eric came to visit, which is always a fun time. We went to rehearsal dinner Friday night, which was delicious! We then went to watch my cousin Blane's football game. I will always think of him as my little cousin, so it was quite humerus standing on the sidelines and hearing the high school girls behind me talk about the little hunk. "Is Blane coming with us tonight? I hope so! I'll wait outside the locker room and ask him!" Oh to be young again...
Saturday was the wedding day! The whole thing was really beautiful, and Lindsey was gorgeous! I felt a little nostalgic throughout the entire ceremony. Something about someone you've grown up with getting married, just makes me a little emotional! The reception was everything I had hoped it would be and more! I did take two pretty hard falls while busting a move (or should I say a Stanky Leg). Seriously people, no need to spill your drinks on the dance floor!
Sunday my brother, his family, and I headed off to the airport and flew back to Orlando. It was sad leaving home, but I am happy to be back in Orlando. It's definitely not been a tough week back. I've been working here and there and mostly just enjoying Chad and Stacy's vacation! Experiencing Walt Disney World with little kids is way fun!
On a final note, as many of you will, all day tomorrow I will be thinking about the events that happened nine years ago. I saw this quote a while back, and wanted to share.
"The real differences around the world today are not between Jews and Arabs; Protestants and Catholics; Muslims, Croats, and Serbs. The real differences are between those who embrace peace and those who would destroy it; between those who look to the future and those who cling to the past; between those who open their arms and those who are determined to clench their fists." ~William J. Clinton, 1997
Great to have you home, I really liked the quote. I had never heard of that before.
ReplyDeleteAnd another quote from William J. Clinton---
ReplyDelete"I did not have sex with that woman."
There you go.