Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wardrobe Malfunction

So in an effort to make some extra cash before I head home in a few weeks, I decided it would be a good idea to work sixty hours this week. As it turns out, I don't function well working this many hours. I need days off to relax and not think about anything Disney related. Without these days off, my brain becomes mush. Now I know lots of people probably work sixty hours plus every week, but please keep in mind approximately one year ago I went to class maybe 11 hours a week. That was my only commitment of the entire week. Baby steps here people!

So in the madness of working sixty hours, I didn't have a lot of free time and had to prioritize. Regularly bathing, nah. Laundry, ehhh. Exercise, not so much. Keep in mind I only have two costumes to wear to work. It's Florida, and at times I perspire in my beloved costume. So after working two weeks straight, I was starting to get into a stinky situation. Knowing that I wouldn't have time to do laundry I decided to run into costuming quickly after work Monday and pick up a new costume. Inside of the costuming building there are rows and rows of the same uniform. I know that in Disney size (which is very different than normal sizing) I wear a size 10 pant with a 36 inch length. I was in a hurry and since I knew that was my size, I opted to speed up the process and not try on my new costume before leaving the store. So I drive home, throw the new costume in my closet, and don't give it a second thought. Speed ahead 12 hours. It's 7:00 A.M., I'm running late for work (surprise, surprise) I quickly throw my greasy hair into a messy bun, brush my teeth, and last but not least, put on my costume. Right leg in, left leg in, pull the pants up, and I feel the cuff of my pant resting about three inches below my knee cap. Excellent! The costume store would not be open before work, and even if it were open I didn't have time to go there and make it to work on time. So, I had no choice but to wear my pants turned Capri to work for the day. Before I buttoned up the "pants" I wanted to take a quick look at the tag, just for grins. Yep, the pants were definitely 10x26. So what is one to do when they have on the ultimate high waters? Wear black knees highs in an effort to try to make them blend in of course! It didn't work at all! As I walking into work people were noticeably staring at me. Like I would be walking in between a booth and the break room and I would see a guest. I would smile at them and say hello. They would awkwardly say hi, and then their eyes would immediately drift towards my short pants. My coworkers were also kind about the situation. So, how much is it supposed to rain today, hey there Pippie Longstalking, Clam digger, Ikabod, were all among the comments and names I got thrown my way. I was never so glad to take off a pair of pants in my entire life as I was Tuesday night. Lesson learned, try on pants before leaving costuming!

In other news, I saw this movie Eat, Pray, Love this week. Super good movie! Totally made me feel like packing up all my belongings and moving to India! Speaking of moving, I'm starting to feel the four month crunch on trying to decide my next step in life. I'm currently accepting advice on this topic from any interested party! I also had my very first experience with an irate guest at my window today. I seriously thought he was going to punch me, spit on me, or a combination of the two. He started screaming and demanding he speak with my manager concerning our ridiculous prices, because I do in fact make those prices and make a large profit off of each and every ticket. I wanted to demand that he speak with a therapist, but I thought that go over like a turd in a punch bowl. He left the window screaming you haven't seen the last of me, I'm coming after you for price gouging. I hope he had a magical day!

Happy 55th Birthday to my Dad! They best dad a girl could ask for!!!!

1 comment: