In the spring of 2008 I signed up to run my first 5k race. I really thought the 2008 Passavant Area 5k would be my first and last race. As it turns out, the runner's high is actually kind of addicting. Since then I've ran several 5k races, and a year ago I did my first 10k. After completing the 10k, I decided that running a half marathon would be the next logical step to take in my running career. So, a few months ago my roommate Amy and I eagerly signed up for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon in January. So far we're about two months into our training and I can safely say this is the one, single, STUPIDEST idea I have EVER had. I ran seven and a half miles tonight! No one was chasing me. No building was on fire. No life size cookie dough ice cream cone was seven miles in front of me. I was just running, FOR NO REASON! I left my digital watch at home in Illinois, so I've been running on the treadmill at the gym. This means that for 90 minutes I ran/walked 7 and a half miles and got no where! '
Ok, just had to get that off my chest. With all of that being said, I am proud of us that we're sticking to our training. I've switched from trying to run large chunks of time to interval training. Right now I'm doing four minutes running and one minute walking. It feels a lot more manageable doing it this way. My calves hurt....
Today I had a phone interview for the professional internship I applied for here at Walt Disney World. I applied for five different positions that are all sales related. I'm not 100% sure that I want to stay working for Disney, but the appealing part of doing another internship is that it would buy me six more months where I don't have to commit to a real full time job, and any Disney related experience that I can slap on my resume can't hurt, right? I think the phone interview went well. The interviewer and I really hit it off. We were sharing giggles by the end of the interview like regular ol BFFs!
Sunday I'm jumping out of a plane. Keep your fingers crossed that Sky Dive Space Center is more legit than the Tampa Road Way Inn!
I am really proud of you Kels! Great job with the running. Sad that we were cut off the phone last night. Becareful on your jump Sunday...text me after to let me know you are ok! Love you much!
ReplyDeleteI love the blogs Kelsey. Before you jump, please listen to the instructions, pray, and leave our phone number. Enjoy life!!! I vote for the video!!! We love you
ReplyDeleteKelsey, I am so glad Allison found you her first year at school. You are always good for a good smile:)
ReplyDelete