Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Flea Bag No-Tell-Motel

This past weekend my friends and I headed to Tampa for a Rascall Flatts concert. Due to us all being a little thing called poor, we tried to make this trip as cheap as possible. I was in charge of finding a place for us to stay the night of the concert. Since everyone was opposed to sleeping in the car, I took it to the next classy level and booked us a room at the Roadway Inn. The normal rate of the room was $38, but luckily my Illinois Farm Bureau membership got me the room at a discounted rate of $28. Now, to some people booking a hotel room that cost $28 might be a red flag, but for me, I thought it was nothing short of a sweet deal!

So we pull up to the hotel. Sure we had to drive through the ghetto to get there, but the actual hotel didn't look too bad from the outside. When we walked inside there were about three hillrod looking people running the front desk. They checked us in, and we went to find our room. We walked into room number one, beds were made, the towells looked clean, overall not too shabby. Then I walked over by the air conditioner to set my bags down, and the carpet literally looked like it was moving! There were ants EVERYWHERE! So we immiditly left that room, and went down to the front desk. We informed the man at the front desk about the problem, knowing that he'd be as outraged as we were. He looked at us with a blank stare and said, "So what is it that you're wanting?" A ROOM WITHOUT BUGS PLEASE! So he gives us a new room, we checked that one out. It looked good, so we sat our bags down. Then my friend Christina pulled back the covers and there were bugs.....in the sheets! So back to the front desk we went! Once again, the front desk workers were less than appologetic and gave us yet another room. Room number three looked promising, so we sat our bags down, showered, and left for the concert (which by the way was amazing!!!). Fast forward a few hours, we came back into the hotel, exausted, pulled back the sheets and once again we were invaded by bed bugs! So we were all too tired to move again, and chances were favorable that room number four was not going to be sqeeky clean either! We reached the mutual decision to stay in the room. I did what anyone would do in this situation and slept on top of the covers, in a Walt Disney World issued jacket, with a beach towell. I think our night at the Roadway Inn can pretty much be summed up by this direct quote from the female hillrod front desk worker, "This sure as hell ain't the Sheraton!"

So other than the buggy hotel, the Tampa weekend was way fun! We spent Sunday at the beach in Clearwater and it was a gorgous day! Running is going ok, not great, just ok. My sister mailed me puppy chow this week, which was AMAZING. Too bad I ate it in .4 seconds. Self control is not exactly my fortay!

Till next time folks, Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Kels,
    I just love your post, they are so you, you crack me up. Cant wait to hear more about job hunting. Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete