Thank you so much for all the calls and texts today! It meant so much to me knowing that all my friends and family were thinking about me!
This morning started out with the alarm going off at 4:50, ouch! I was dressed and downstairs for free breakfast by 6:30 A.M. The airline has a van that picks us up and drives us to the training center. I've spent two weeks studying hard core for today's test and was super nervous all day. I def thought I was going to throw up when I first arrived.
There are 16 of us in the training class, and we have two instructors. We started off our morning by introducing ourselves, then we ate donuts that the instructors brought in for us and visited. Then we filled out a bunch of paperwork, and went over some basic info (the layout of the various planes, guidelines, etc.). Then we had lunch, note to self, the cafeteria is actually two vending machines, bring lunch tomorrow. After lunch we took notes on various airlinish stuff, went over airline terminology, city codes, and military time. Then we got fitted for uniforms (black dresses and black skirts with red or white long sleeve button down). After that our instructors checked to make sure our suitcases, shoes, purse, and flashlight were within regulation. Then we took the test. I was WAY nervous, but I was actually very prepared and felt pretty confident while taking it. We were all instructed to place our tests in a basket in the front of the room when we completed it and then wait in the cafeteria until they had graded all of the test. Nerve racking fo sho! After about 10 minutes our instructors brought us back into the classroom, I flipped over my test and I got a 100%! I was beyond excited!!!!!
The only bad news of the day was that I found out I have class on Saturday, which means no half marathon :( I'm pretty bummed about it, but am reminded of a classic Gaily story... God instructs a man to move a huge boulder. The man pushes and pushes, and tries and tries, but in the end he is unable to move the rock. The man reports back and says God, you knew I wouldn't be able to move the rock, why did you ask me to do that? God replies, "I knew you would never be able to move the boulder, but I knew that the process of trying would make you stronger." So much like the man, who in the end was unable to move the rock, I feel like the process of training has made me way stronger, not only physically, but mentally as well. I'm proud of myself for training, and know that had I ran the race I would have been able to do it successfully.... It's about the journey, not the destination anyways.
My hotel is nice. I have a big room, and the bed is amazingly comfortable! I have a roommate who is from California. We actually ended up spending the evening helping each other study, which was really nice!
This week I have class Wednesday, Thursday, Thursday night into Friday morning (we're going to the airport to do stuff on the plane) Friday I am off, Saturday we have class, and Sunday we are off. Next weekend we won't have class, but we will all be flying somewhere individually to observe. Very excited about that!
I have about 3 hours of homework tonight, so gotta get hoppin on that. I love you all, and thanks again for the words of encouragement!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment