Day one went really well! I remember the first day of training for Spirit feeling so overwhelming because I had no aviation knowledge what so ever! Aft?! Aircraft Right?! Slide-raft whaaaa?!!! So it was nice to at least be a little bit familiar with what the trainers were talking about today. However, I can also see my past experience being problematic at times, because many safety related topics, such as the emergency evacuation commands that are to be shouted at passengers, vary from airline to airline.

Today we were split into groups of 16, which felt much less chaotic than the huge group of 130! We spent the morning learning theory behind different things, such as the doors, the various commands, turbulence protocol, etc. Then after lunch our group actually went into the flight simulator and practiced what we had learned. These flight simulators are AMAZING! They are legitimately just like a real aircraft. Before any of us trainees started practicing what to do during light, moderate, or extreme turbulence, our two instructors acted out an exploded engine scenario. The "windows" inside the simulator are digital, therefore looking out of them we could actually see fire! There is also audio that accompanies the accident. So crazy. Thankfully, there were no fatalities!
Another great part of my training session is that I am in the afternoon section that goes from 12:30-8:30 P.M. Perfect for my night owl ness!
So there ya go! Training Day One in a nutshell!
Love reading your updates! Visited Ikea this weekend and always think of you. Love you much!
ReplyDeleteWe actually have an Ikea here! As soon as I pass training, it'll be my first stop!!!
ReplyDeleteI believe I have taken you to your first day of school several times, but this is very different! Very high tech. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete