Today I did Greeter Training, it’s actually a much harder gig than I imagined. We basically stand at the front gates of the transportation center to Magic Kingdom and welcome guests. The tricky part is they ask a million questions, of which I usually don’t know the answers. So I spent my day learning the answers to the most common questions such as: Where are the nearest restrooms? What time does the Monorail leave? Where do I rent a stroller?
Overall, today wasn’t too bad. The guy that was training myself and the two other Vacation Planners was really laid back, so that was nice! Interesting fact for today, when cast members are riding the Monorail (the train that transports guests around the property) they must stand up at each stop. If no guests get in the car the cast members are in, the cast members may sit down after the train passes the stop. However, if any guests get on the car the cast members must remain standing the entire time. This is done so that the cast members appear alert and attentive to any needs guest may have.
So there ya go!
Enjoy reading your blog. I always loved Disney's mission statement "To make people happy". I think about it each time we review our mission statement. Have fun achieving their mission!
ReplyDeleteMakes me smile!
ReplyDelete