....is not me! However, I did audition for the part, and the whole process was kind of fun. Basically, I got up way too early this morning and drove to Kissimmee where Walt Disney World holds its character auditions. There were tons of people in a gymnasium, probably around 250, who were all vying for the spot of Rapunzel. We were all measured and given a number when we first walked in. Then they called groups of 50 people into a studio room at a time. We stood in lines of ten and they played music and walked around and pointed and talked about us. If you're thinking, "Ugh this sounds kinda awkward." Then you, my friend, would be right. I was feeling all self conscious like maybe I should smile, no that's trying too hard, don't smile, now you probably look mad. Princesses never have big booties, I should clinch mine. Ohhh gladius maximus cramp! As you can tell, it was a very stressful process. After all of this judging they stoped the music, thanked us all for coming, told us to not be offended if we were not picked, and then called some girl named Brittany to please stay after. In all reality, the girl had HUGE eyes. Like they looked like a cartoon character. Hmmmmmm that may explain why she won. Anywho, I'm glad I auditioned. That's one to cross off the bucket list!
Last week my friend from college, Eric, came to visit me. It was really fun to see him and get to be some one's Orlando Tour Guide. We crammed a lot into one week. We visited all four parks, went to Cocoa Beach, and rented a speed boat (that actually wasn't very speedy). I still had to work while he was here though, but luckily he entertains himself easily. The first day I had to work, I was feeling really bad picturing him just watching TV in the hotel room, being bored out of his mind. So, on my break I tried calling him to make sure he had found his way back to the hotel. He didn't answer my multiple calls, then finally I get a text message from him that read, "Ride the tallest water slide at Blizzard Beach 3 times...CHECK." Only Eric...
Yesterday I took Eric to the airport. Who knew that flashing a little police badge would allow me to go through security and walk him all the way up to the gate? Anyways, after dropping him off at the airport I got a wee bit emotional. I really haven't been homesick at all since I've been here, but yesterday was my first little bout with it. This past weekend one of my best friends, Lindsey, had her bachelorette party, and I was just feeling kind of sad about missing out on that. The combination of Eric leaving, missing Lindsey's bachelorette party, and just being 20 hours from home for the past two months all led to a tiny little melt down. Thankfully, it was nothing a little Steak and Shake Chocolate Milkshake couldn't fix. I'm feeling much better about life today! :)
Last night I officially booked my flight home for Lindsey's wedding! Yay! I'll be getting in at 6:30 on September 1st, and will fly out September 5th. Friends and family, please plan accordingly!
Love you all!!!!
1440 minutes in each day. We all have the same amount of time to use as we like. -Anonymous
So fun that you auditioned! Great job! Your post made me laugh....love you!
ReplyDeleteMay I pick you up on the airport on Sept 1 or does someone else get the pleasure?
I am so proud of you Kelsey, what memories you will have!!
ReplyDelete